Site Meter

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Number 21

Admittedly I've become a sucker for the game of baseball.  Watching Thomas play for the last couple of years has been nothing short of what I had imagined and looked forward to,  partly due to his pure love of the game.  His dedication and self confidence, which at times can be a bit much, is also admirable .  This is a kid who lives for sports and if I let him play everything he would. He is the kind of boy that lies in bed at night and dreams of being a professional sports star; tennis being his first pick.
Recently I asked him what he was going to do if his plans of playing a professional sport didn't pan out.

He said, "Mom, do you really think I'm not going to play a professional sport?"

My response, "Thomas you can be what ever you want to be."
(No need to deflate any dreams now.....unfortunately time, age and experience will do that.)


Thomas doesn't lack for self-confidence, but in a world where you're put down pretty quickly that's not such a bad thing.
Jack and I sat in the car waiting for one of Thomas' games to start.  I read my book while Jack play in the back. When it was time to go I opened up the door and found not Jack but a a space alien.
Let's just say Jack's a little goofy.

No comments: