Site Meter

Sunday, October 12, 2008

I'm In


A few months ago-
My friend April told me about a trip she was taking to Thailand with a group of women. At the time I didn't know anything about the trip except that it sounded amazing and I will admit I was a little envious. Well over the last several months I have gotten to know one of girls who organized the trip. Her name is Emily Falconbridge. She's not only super talented, but she is one of the most genuine people I have ever meet. I knew if she had anything to do with the planning of the trip it must be great. Her friend Tara Whitney, who I am anxious to meet, is the other person who organized the trip.

Last Saturday-
April called me with news that they needed to fill a spot due to some tragic events happening to one of the ladies. (Her husband had a massive stroke and ended up passing away. I don't know this women but my heart goes out to her at this terribly sad time.) I of course wanted to go and so the long processes of praying, planning and pleading began. I don't think I have fully convinced Chris that leaving for a week with women I don't know, to a land far away, and spending x amount of dollars is reasonable, but he is an amazing husband and has found away to be supportive of me and my seemingly crazy desires. And for that I am soooo grateful. I really am a lucky girl. I leave on October 23rd for what I hope to be an extraordinarily enriching experience.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

TAMM!!!! You are so lucky! How exciting for you! You will come back to see some cute pictures of baby Owen. ( hope he will be here :) Love ya