Site Meter

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankgiving Tablescape '09

It was my year to host Thanksgiving and the most important part (after the feast of course) is the tablescape. For me this is the most fun part of the festive day. It means I can go to flower mart and creatively come up with something wonderful and hopefully worthy of a magazine cover or at the very least to impress my guests. I'm not sure I did either but Lulu (one of my favorite sister-in-laws) and I had fun in the making.

We needed a table large enough to fit 1o adults and 2 almost adults, which I didn't have but thanks to my husband's tennis table purchase I had a surface worthy of our scape. I was able to make it work beautifully, expect that fact that the guest would have to maneuver their legs through the support bars that ran along either side- just a small in convince. Next I needed a table cloth large enough to fit my large table. I found these very modern shower curtains (real fabric, no plastic here people) at Target and wah lah instant table cloth.

Lulu and I got up early, around 7 am and headed to the flower mart. (Which is by the way one of my most favorite places following only shortly behind Anthropologie and Trader Joe's.) We unfortunately didn't get there early enough for that busy day because most of delicious flowers were gone. We still managed to pick out a few bunches as well as the lovely orange flowers found at Von's grocery store. FYI- Von's has a decent flower department. I love that they sell a bunch of 'just greens', which can be so helpful we making an actual arrangement. Come on Costco get it together.

I found this awesome manzanita branch which I knew would be perfect to hang my lanterns from. About 20 tacks was all it took to insure that puppy was staying put for dinner.

And there you have it my Thanksgiving Table Scape '09.


No comments: