Site Meter

Sunday, March 28, 2010

I was thinking....

When I sit down and really think about what I want from life,
the people that I want to surround me,
the business that I envision running,
the countries I’ve yet to visit,
the house I want to own,
the things I want to experience,
the children I’ve yet to have,
how rich and full I want my days to be,
the love and the peace I crave...

When I sit down and think about the world around me,
all the questions that I want to search to find the answers to,
the friendships I want to nourish,
the photos I want to take,
the things that I hope to write,
the walls that I will paint,
the people I will meet.

When I stop and think about the garden I hope to grow,
the challenges I will face,
the situations I hope to withstand,
the sacrifices I will make,
the ideas that will come to me,
and the conversations that I will have.

It makes all the petty, ridiculous, and silly things seem so miniscule.
I really want a life that matters and is full of purpose,
All the while trying to be the human being that I want to be
And the person I am destined to become-
Kind, Compassionate, Creative.
I want to be a better mother, a more attentive mother.
I want to be a better wife; more loving and giving.
I want a better marriage; one that aches with love and tenderness and that is not
taken for granted.
I want to be a kinder friend, one that talks less and listens more. I want to be the person that I am placed on earth to be.
............
Daily choices.
Small decisions.


No comments: