Site Meter

Saturday, March 21, 2009

6 Years Ago Today


6 Years ago today Kate burst into this world full of energy and spirit. My labor and delivery was very painful but also quick and easy.

Moments after meeting her I realized she was going to need a strong name. How I knew this I don't know because there wasn't anything in particular that happened but it was like the heavens parted for a small moment and I was given a small glimpse into her personality and the kind of person she was going to be. I think this glimpse was a small gift from God, given as reassurance or a warning I'm not sure which, but I knew in that moment that within her tiny body she possessed a strong will full of independence. And that is why we named her Kate. It's suits her well; strong, sweet and to the point.

Kate got a shiny new bike for her 6th birthday. When she saw it she ran up stairs to get dressed so she could give it a ride. She of course came back down stairs perfectly color coordinated for the pictures. I commented on how cool is was that her outfit matched her bike and she responded,

"I know. That's what I meant to do. Good thing blue is my favorite color."



* By the way for any of you who are shocked that I would let my child ride a bike without her helmet no worries it was just for a short ride until we could find her helmet which we did until later that morning. Hence, the awkward run along side her in my heals.

No comments: