Site Meter

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Love, Kate

Kate has come down with a bad case of the naughty bug. Remarkably she has every symptom known to accompany this awful bug. There's the whining, the talking back, the rolling of the eyes and even the dreaded double lying. You know, there's a lie told to cover a lie. Lately I have these scary moments flash before me of Kate in Juvi. Alarmed over this behavior I called my seasoned sister of 5 and told her my troubles. She too has had the naughty bug plague her house a time or two and so I thought she of all people would be able muster up some really juicy advice about how I can rid my child of this awful bug, but all she did was giggle! Brought on be hindsight I suppose. She tryed to assure me that all kids lie at some point to test their boundaries and that Kate's little lying doesn't mean she will grow to be a pathological liar. Goodness let's hope not. True or not I'm still worried the naughty bug and my relenting methods of trying to dispose of it are somehow leaving permanent damage that will surface later on in life in the form of resentment toward me, her mother. I know I am sounding a bit dramatic but the scene here at my house is exactly that... dramatic.
But just when I thought things couldn't possible get any worse she demonstrated something so sweet and kind that I was filled with tremendous hope which gave me reason to spare her life. ( No, I wouldn't realllllly kill my child.)
I found this note lying on bed the other night and this is what it reads:
To Mom. From Kate.
I'm sorry. I love you. I will try next time. I want to repent.


No comments: