Site Meter

Monday, June 29, 2009

Remembering Sep 1996

In the late summer of 1996 I was traveling through Europe with my cousin, her boyfriend and my ex boyfriend. (That's another story.) Anyway it was a month long adventure that started Greece and took us through, Italy, France, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic and ended in Spain. It was an amazing trip.

We just so happened to be in Prague on September, 07 1996. It also just so happened that MJ was in Prague on his world tour and was going to be in concert that very night. The boys left early in the morning to find a Laundromat. An hour later they returned much to our disappointment with dirty clothes but they also returned much to our excitement with 4 tickets to the concert. Lucky us. Here is a video taken the night of that concert. Ya gotta love YouTube.



My first two cassettes were the Thompson Twins and Michael Jackson's Thriller. It was the summer of 1983 and was 9 years old. It's been 21 years and his music still rocks my ipod.
A blast from the past.



1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Trav & I miss him!!!!!! His legacy lives on right?Trav and I have grooved to a few of his songs within the last couple of days!