Site Meter

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Boston 09

I love Boston and with each return since we left over 7 years ago I love it even more. I grew up in the west and that is where my heart's loyalty lies but admitly my heart has had a long time love affair with the Northeast. I think it started with my first trip to Philadelphia when I was 15. This is when I first realized that Utah really was a desert. The trees went on forever! My love deepened with visits to Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire and of course New York. Which is the city I secretly wished Chris would have landed a job just out of Grad School. But of all these great places I love Boston the most. It might be because there is this sophisticated snobbery energy in the air. Or that it's full of good food and quaint little shops ready to explore. Or that it's full of diverse people and places. All are true, but the thing I love the most is it's beauty. It's interesting and wonderful like a worn piece of furniture that just gets better with age.

The best way to explore the city with kids is by bus and trolley.


While waiting for the trolley, Thomas and Kate had a contest to see who could hold onto the bus spot pole the longest. Kate won.

When we lived in Boston I rode the T (the subway) everyday to work. I think this was Jack's favorite part of the day.

You can't explore the city without walking a bit. Here's Thomas and Chris walking speedily through Boston Commons in search of a restroom.

We stopped in Boston's Little Italy for a classic peperoni pizza.

Jack loves to pull this look.


Thomas age 8, 2009 and Thomas age 1, 2002. Same Duck.




Thanks to my kids and their love to take pictures with my camera I occasionaly get in a picture.

Our view (well almost) from our old apartment.

The most excitng part of the day for Kate was when she found her perfect suvinor even though it says nothing about Boston. It was a frightingly real looking kitty cat.





I love all the old architecture. It's the closest America gets to the look of Europe.

When we lived in Boston they were working on the Big Dig project which was to put a stretch of the freeway underground. They finished and what used to be a freeway is now a garden walkway.

No comments: