Site Meter

Monday, February 8, 2010

My New Bubbly


I've been clean from diet coke for 3 weeks. Yea for me!! I thought that the first week would be the hardest. I fully expected to have a few migraines and the urge to relieve it with a diet coke. I thought it was going to be the caffeine I would crave the most and therefore would be the hardest to part with. Sadly I've realized over the last few weeks just how addicted I was. I have really craved that bubbly brown. More than wanting it for the caffeine, what I crave the most is the sweetener. That constant desire for something sweet has been the hardest part of my diet coke detox.
I knew that if I was going to survive I would have to come up an alternative. Water was not going to cut it because as odd as it may sound, I don't like water. So I picked up some Sparkling Mineral water which I believe is the closest healthy alternative to soda. ( Not to be confused with other Sparkling Water that still contains artificial sweetener.) Drinking mineral water is an acquired taste, but I've learned to love this bubbly thirst quencher, maybe not equally to soda but enough to pull me through.
My hair and skin have never been so happy.

Benefits of Drinking Mineral Water:

Mineral water is extremely helpful in replenishing not only water that is naturally lost from the body, but it also helps to balance electrolytes due to the fact that mineral water is full of electrolytes (minerals) which naturally dissolve in the water.
Mineral water is also known to help combat bacteria and funguses.
Mineral water is consumed by many on a daily basis to help detoxify the body of potentially harmful substances. These substances are usually known as toxins and can affect the body negatively in many ways.
Finally, many individuals that drink mineral water on a daily basis do so for its therapeutic properties. Many believe that mineral waters can reduce pain, aches and swelling due to the inflammation of muscles and joints. Others believe that mineral water can play a role in curing certain types of diseases and chronic conditions.

glaswater.com

No comments: