Site Meter

Monday, June 21, 2010

Note to Self - Remember That Everyone Is Struggling

I don't know what is that makes us feel unique in our pain or struggles of this earthly life? My rational side knows that everyone has what I like to call "their Shiz", but my irrational side feels like while my world is strained those around me are living all as well.
While I may ask why me, I realize that to struggle is human and we must all experience pain to overcome it. I meet an amazing women years ago that had more than her fair share of "shiz". I'm pretty sure if I were her I would have packed my bags, ran away and changed my name, but I watched her endure her trials with a smile on her face no less. She taught me that we are all for the most part doing our best with our resourcses and circumstances. When we realize this we can't help but be sympathic, compassionate and loving.
We all struggle but we must keep moving. Often times this is the more difficult part. Forgiveness is not about forgetting but it's about moving forward, not dwelling on the negative and focusing on a solution and healing.
Be kind and patient with yourself and with others. Everyone is in one way or another fighting a battle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love this and agree wholeheartedly.