Site Meter

Thursday, May 14, 2009

8 years ago today

It was 8 years ago today Thomas was born at 10:18 pm in Boston Massachusetts. And I have to say it was the best day of my life. I have loved all of my births but there was something particularly special about the first. I have enjoyed many things in my life but the experience of bringing babies into this world tops it all. It's an experience so amazing and magical. I loved Thomas before I held him in my arms but I had no idea my love for this perfect little creature would run so deep.

8 things I love about Thomas. (Excuse my bragging.)

1. He's socially and environmental conscious. (Well at least 100 times more than I was as a kid.) He's into recycling and he liked collecting the cans and bottles in the neighborhood until a neighbor kid told him he was technically stealing money from the city. He asked me the other day what kind of gas mileage my car gets. I told him it wasn't that great so he suggested we get a smart car like Uncle Trent. I reminded him that Uncle Trent doesn't have kids to schlep around. Several months ago I told him that he needed to take a shower more than once a week especially now that he was starting to sweat and stink like an older kid. He responded by telling me that he was helping to save water. Good one.

2. He's decisive. He is the easiest kid to take shopping. He's all about the get in and get out. He knows what he wants and is completely satisfied with the stores selection. There no looking around or wanting to check out one more store. He's a dream especially if your in a hurry.

3. He's frugal. The other day while at Target he was trying to convince me to the get the cheaper rugs for the kitchen. Although I appreciated his frugality I also told him that in some cases it's better to buy nicer. (I couldn't believe I was actually having this conversation with my 8 year old.)

4. He's smart.

5. He's low maintenance. He's good with whatever I buy him. (I hope that last forever.) Dads hair cuts and fingernail grooming is good enough for him.

6. He's creative. I love that Thomas knows how to play creatively. He and his buddy Ben put on these funny little skits and make Kate and Madelyn watch them over an over again. There's always a little mess in my house but it the kind of mess that makes me happy.

7. He's motivated. I've never have to ask him to do his homework. Luckily for me his just one of those kids that likes to do his best at everything he does. He's not lacking in the self- confidence department.

8. He still kinda likes to snuggle. The day of snuggling and thinking his mom is the best thing ever has almost come to an end which is why for now I'm loving every chance I get.

No comments: