Site Meter

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ragg Silk Bouquet

Months back I bought this ball of scrappy silk at a local yarn shop. I feel in love with the colorful ball for several reasons. One it's made from recycled silk and the colors are hard to resist. This little ball of mess would have been pretty just nestled in a yarn basket. I also couldn't wait to unravel the carnival of layers. But the main reason I threw down 22 bucks for this ball of silk was that Mango Moon works with the Nepali Women's Empowerment Group. What can I say, I'm a sucker for disadvantaged hard working women.
Not knowing what I was going to do with this little ball I decided to unwind it and see if it would speak to me.
At first the tangled pile of silk scrapes revealed nothing but chaos (much like my life...interesting), so I decided to cut up the chaos and find some order. I cut out my favorite strips and began making rosettes. I must have been thinking flower arrangement and not scarf.
These little beauties are easy and there are a lot of variations on how to make them. I chose to glue them rather than use my sewing machine.
After making a bunch of rosettes I decided to make a necklace bouquet. I began arranging them much like I would a flower arrangement.
I then glued the arrangement to a piece of felt and added a beaded chain to complete the necklace.

3 comments:

Lauren Clyde said...

I love the colors & this is so darling. I love making rosettes & adding them to my shirts or vests. I think it would be cute to attach a lot of these to a cute handbag too. Keep them coming Tami! I love everything you do, it's inspiring ;o)

Kelly said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! You are SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO talented!!! Where can I place my order??? xoxo

Ali said...

really cute and creative! l love all you the projects you post