Site Meter

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Naked Weather Day


I love driving down Poinsettia and turning right onto the 101. Because shortly after I make my turn the breath taking view of the vast ocean opens up to me on my right. I have lived in Carlsbad for almost 3 years and I still get a tinge of excitement in my tummy every time I get that first glance of the beach. Also, in that moment comes many memories of visiting California for our family vacations. I grew up in Utah and visiting the beach was like going to a foreign land. I never thought that one day I might live so close. Someone asked me recently if the weather gets mundane. My answer to that is... Nope not a bit! What's makes it soooo great is not the blue skies or the year round green vegetation, although that's nice. It's that we have so many what I like to call "Naked Weather Days." It's the kind of weather you could be totally naked and be perfectly comfortable. Not too hot, not too cold...just perfect. We enjoy beautiful weather year round with an average temperature of 70 degrees. I heard once, although I don't know if it's true that there's a section along the coast in San Diego county, which includes Carlsbad, that enjoys more 72 degree days then anywhere else in the world. It doesnt' get better than that?

No comments: