Site Meter

Monday, July 21, 2008

Passion Rekindled











This past weekend my good friend April Meeker and her husband Ben had a fabulous dinner party. It was a night full of beautiful people, interesting conversations, delicious food, perfect weather (well, we do live in Carlsbad) and a chance for us to give to a great cause, Craft For China. Earlier in the week April asked if I would help her with the flower arrangements for the table and of course I said yes. I love any excuse to go to the flower mart. I also told her I would donate an arrangement for the raffle. Making the arrangements made me realize like it has all the other times I've work with flowers is that I simply love it. My background is in Interior Design. Before Kids I worked for FFKR Architects in Salt Lake City and Add Inc. in Boston doing commerical projects-offices, restaurants and retail. In between my jobs at architectural firms I worked for Winston Flowers in Boston. I loved everyday I worked there! Thank you Liz and Marcella. I learned so much. In addition to working at Winston's I have done several weddings and dozens of random arrangements for random events. So because once again my passion has been rekindled and I believe I'm brave enough I am going to start a small flower business and do what I love to do. I think I want to specializing in small social events and corporate and residential weeklies but we'll see what comes my way as as things develop. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

lauren ann said...

Those look amazing...I think the floral business could definitely use you.