Site Meter

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday's "My Life Story" entry No. 4




What is one of your favorite colors? Why?

I believe that there are no ugly colors, just ugly combinations. And where most people get it wrong is in the proportions and the mixing of warm and cool colors. There is a lot to consider when choosing colors and it can at times be a little tricky getting it right. I remember one of my first experiences choosing a bold color for a project I was working on. The color was cantaloupe orange and it was going on a partial wall behind a reception desk. I was really nervous because it was a bold color. When I got my first look at the wall painted I thought maybe I had made a wrong choice. But as everything came together the project was finished it turned out to be the perfect color.

Lesson learned...trust your first instinct, it's usually right; and follow your design vision through to the end.

Here are a couple of color combinations I currently dig! Check out others at COLOURlovers.com




No comments: