Site Meter

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday's "My Life Story" entry No. 7

What do you do to relax?

Relax: (verb)

1. to spend time resting or doing things for pleasure, especially in contrast to or as a relief from the effort and stress of everyday life.

This form of relaxing doesn't happen every day like it should, but I am fairly good about indulging in some good old fashion selfish pleasure from time to time. I like to read books and get wisked away to someother place and time. I love to sleep until my body absolutely wants to get up. This may come as a surprise to some of you because I have said for years I don't like to sleep in, but it's because I feel guilty about the time wasted, but that is also why if I allow myself to sleep in it's a true pleasure. 1 I get more rest for my body and 2 I learn to let go of guilt and enjoy the moment. It's really nice if you don't have to ask for it, it's just given because your husband knows it would do you some good. I like to meander through Target with no list, kids or specified time of when must return. I like to run. This really is my drug of choice. It is one of the best ways to release tension and stress and the best part is you feel great the rest of the day. I try to run or workout 4-5 times a week. As far as finding relief from the everyday stress of life I think you just to need to simplify, simplify, simplify. Now if I could only put that into practice.


One of my favorite books.

2. to slacken something that is tensed or tight such as a muscle or a grip on something, or become looser, less tense, or less tight.

I bought myself a pilates mat workout a few months ago and wow; I love all the stretching and breathing. My muscles especially love it. They wish I would do pilates more often so they look lean and toned just like Gwyneth Paltrows muscles.


3. to make something such as a rule less strict or less severe, or become less strict.

Speaking of which, the height restriction rules at Lego Land are RIDICULOUS and does Subway really have to be so tight about how many olives go onto their sandwiches? I swear the guy counts how many he's putting on.

4. to become less anxious, hostile, defensive, or formal, or make somebody or something so

I find myself feeling anxious about things that most often out or my control. I try to remind myself to just 'let it go'. I am defensive about things I'm most often insecure about and so I try and change my focus.

5. to become less intense and concentrated, or make something less intense and concentrated

It's pretty hard sometimes to be less tense because I'm on the 'Hormonal Roller Coaster'. You know the one that has a few of highs of normal, several lows of insanity and lots of unexpected twists and turns of irritable and bloating. And the nightmare is I will have to wait years before I get off. Ahh


6. to weaken or remove the curl from hair, usually by chemical means

I realize when I speak about relaxing my hair I don't really have to 'relax' my hair like the sisters , but I do struggle with trying to weaken the frizz caused by the humidity. I happened upon a product a week ago that I am really liking. It's called Frizz Buster. I picked mine up at Walgreen's.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I admire you tami!!!!!!!!