Site Meter

Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day Of School




OK, so I love my kids but I have to say Hallelujah to school being back in session. I wish I could say I am a mother who cries as her child enters the school doors for the first time but over the summer my kids perfected the sibling fighting thing and it pushed my patience to the very edge. Some days I wanted to voluntarily jump over that edge and leave to someplace happy where no one was hitting, tattling, whining or crying. Although as long as I am a mother of young children I'm not sure a place like that exists.(If there is such a place, please fill me in because locking myself in the bathroom is not cutting it.) Lately it's love or hate with Thomas and Kate and finally September 3rd was not only the first day of kindergarten for Kate and second grade for Thomas but it brought a much needed 6 hour break from each other. Can I just say it again... HALLELUJAH!

Any suggestions to creating "love at home" in the real world?

1 comment:

Opa and Grandma said...

What great pictures of Thomas and Kate. I absolutely have a suggestion on how to handle some of the issues you brought up. It takes a little time and energy, but you will be so happy with the results. There is a book called Lulu Learns to Stop Tattling at www.lululearns.com. It is a fantastic program. I have used it with my grandchildren and it works wonderfully.

Best to you,
Pam