Site Meter

Monday, September 22, 2008

Wannabe Artist

This last weekend I went to a two day Anahata Katkin art workshop. I have only recently become acquainted with Anahata's work, but after meeting this amazing artist and watching her demonstrate her creative process I am a big fan. It was one of the best weekends I've had in long time. Doing any kind of art is for me uplifting and therapeutic. It was a wonderful experience for me and I loved the process. It was two full days of feeling excited, inspired, frustrated, excited, inspired, frustrated over and over, and in the end I felt proud of what I had accomplished. And although I am still a wannabe artist at heart I left with my nearly completed projects in hand with a great sense of renewal and happiness.

Anahata's finished demonstrations.



And the process begins.......



It was fun and messy; papers and paint everywhere. I couldn't keep track of my scissors. I wonder why?



"Go with the flow. Throw thinking out the door."-Anahata



And so that's what I tried to do; not think too hard. Maybe that's why I loved the process so much.



And the nearly completed pieces are ... "Lest We Forget".




And this one needs a bit more refining but I like where it's going. I'm going to title it, "Sans Puer", which means fearless in French.



Thanks Anahata for the inspiration and the free therapy.


1 comment:

lauren ann said...

So which pieces are yours??? THat sound like a well deserved treat... How fun. And in no war are you a "wannabe artist"- pretty sure you are fullfledged