Site Meter

Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Perfect Birthday Cake


At first glance this cake may seem far from the perfect cake. It's bumpy and saggy and there are gaps in the sides. It's not even centered on the cake stand. It's missing at least 2 layers and there's no frosting (at least put on the cake), no decoration, no style, no glitz or glam of any kind, not even a single candle. So why is it the perfect cake? Because it was made out of love by a friend who cared enough to not let her friend go without a cake on her birthday.
I love it because my friend really does make perfect cakes but yesterday she had a full plate, not the right equipment and in the end fell short on time. But for me I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. This cake is perfect because it's REALITY. And if I let looks alone stop me from trying this amazingly delicious cake I would have missed out on what's truly the best part...the inside.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You look just like Kate the the last photo! Happy Birthday!