Site Meter

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Easter Sunday I was taking a nap when I was awakened by a earthquake that was occurring about 132 miles south of where we live. Chris had the kids at the park and so I was alone. I have only felt one other earthquake and that was more like a mild vibration that lasted only 10 seconds. My heart started to pound with each second that went by. My glasses in my cabinet began to chatter together and my pendant light above my dinning room table started to sway. My first thought of course was, oh my gosh I still haven't filled up my huge water barrel.
The earthquake lasted about one minute and later found out was a 7.3 that hit just south of the mexican border. Although all was well it left my nerves a bit shaken so....

I FINALLY TOOK THAT AS MY WARNING and a week later ordered 6 months worth of food storage.

Peace of mind is beautiful thing.


No comments: