Site Meter

Friday, April 9, 2010

Last Thursday the power went out allllllll day. 15 hours to be exact! Apparently someone hit an electrical box in the neighborhood. Thanks to a crappy garage door, my manual release pull was jammed. What do you alllllll day with out electricity and no car to escape with? No TV, no computer, no vacuum, no washing machine, no glue gun and of course no sewing machine! You always think having a day free of all your electrically powered stuff is nice until you can't run the disposal to releave the goop sitting in your sink. Yuck!
Well, I couldn't do a lot of things but I could cut fabric and while cutting out strips for a blanket I was making I started playing with one of the strips. Hummm what could I do with nothing but two strips of jersey rayon fabric?
This is what.

Start out with two strips approximately 24"long x 2" wide of a stretchy fabric. I used a jersey rayon knit.
Tie a loose knot right in the center of the strip.
Then keep tieing knots, alternating each side of the strip until you get to the end. Keep your knots loose.
Open up the first knot with your fingers and bring the end through the hole.

You will have to work the knotted flower a bit to get the desired shape. Tuck the edges into the folds of the knots. One side becomes the back.
Next take the other strip and bring one end through one of the knots at the edge. Pull it through until it is centered. Then tie a loose knot.
Your knot should blend right into the knotted flower. You may need to loosen it to get the desired look.

Here is a knot flower that was used with a longer strip and therefore had more knots. Tie the knot around your head like headband. If your want you can cut off the tails by twisting the band around and hiding the ends in the flower.
SUPER EASY.
Now for the photo shoot.



The bunnies were Kate's idea. She thought they were the perfect prop for the shoot.
The boys joined the fun.


1 comment:

lauren ann said...

amazing!!! your creativity blows my mind. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to live close so you can take me under your creativity wing and teach me:)
loves