Site Meter

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday's "My Life Story" entry No. 3


Tell about an incident with a car.

About 6 years ago when we lived in Salt Lake Chris and I were driving home from Provo and for some reason that night we were driving separate cars. I was driving with Thomas' strapped in his infant carrier in the back seat. Thomas was crying uncontrollably and keep on spitting his binky out and so I leaned over the seat to try and put it back in his mouth. To do this I had one hand and one knee(for added control of course) on the steering wheel while the other hand awkwardly stretched over the seat to find his wailing mouth. This feat of coordination and flexibility happened several times. Just about the time I settled Thomas down a cop signaled me to pull over. I exited the freeway and wondered what in the world I was being pulled over for. I knew I hadn't been speeding. The cop came up to window, flashed his skinny light and immediately asked if I had been drinking. I giggled at the thought and told him no and that I had never had a drink in my life. Unconvinced he surveyed the backseat and then over to the passenger side with his light. "Look at my finger." he firmly instructed. He waved his finger back and forth across my face while shinning the blinding light into my eyes. The light was so intense against the night dark night I could barely see him let alone his floating finger. Chris was not far behind me and got there just in time to figure out what was going on. Chris could not pass this opportunity up to say something clever and so he shouted out to the cop. "Make her do the walk!" It was classic Chris. I think at that point the cop figured I probably hadn't had anything to drink although he did tell me my eyes didn't really check out. Whatever that means.

Lesson learned...JUST LET THE BABY CRY!

No comments: