Site Meter

Sunday, May 16, 2010

T-Shirt Transformation #1

I purchased two of the same t-shirts on clearance last week to make this beauty. I have a good portion of the second t-shirt left and I have lots ideas so check back in to see what I come up with next.
1: Start with two t-shirts. You could easily use a different color or something you already have on hand. 2: Cut off the finished edge of one of the t-shirts. 3: Measure and cut a 6" strip. Then cut one side of the shirt so you have one long piece. 4: Make a running stitch down the center.
5: Now the fun part. Pull the thread to make your ruffle. 6: Adjust your gather to about 9" in length and pin on the uncut t-shirt right down the center. 7: Cut another strip about 2 1/2" wide by 12" long. Fold edges under and pin over center of ruffle. 8: Stitch ruffle on to t-shirt with a straight stitch.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey TAMI! So glad you found me. Carlsbad, huh? Not too shabby.

I can't believe how big Thomas is! well, I can, but it's pretty crazy nonetheless. We actually live right by your old home on Browning now (on Sherman). Nothing like leaving for seven years to come back to the same place, but we love it.

And I LOVE that skirt posted below. I just wish I could find that dress... and that I knew how to sew.

Lauren Clyde said...

How fun! I would totally wear that.

I love how you think outside the box, you make me want to pull out my sewing machine right now! ;o)

Lindsay said...

Tami!!! I want that!

Lindsay said...

missed you at the funeral! It was very nice!