Site Meter

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Rope Scarf

This scarf was inspired by a necklace I saw in a boutique during my trip to New York last weekend. I used strips of red jersey I had left over from another project. It's so easy and requires only a pair of scissors. My strips were 2" wide by 110" long and I used 8 strips. It is wrapped twice around the neck to give it some thickness.
More or less, wider or thinner, it's up to you.
Once the strips are cut give them a good pull. This lengthens them a bit and curls the edges giving them a tubular look.
Gather the ends together from both sides. Secure them with a 1" wide by 12" long piece of Jersey knit. Tightly wrap the strips around the bundle. Tuck the end into the wrap.
You can also play with the how you want to wrap the bundle. You can hide all the ends or pull them through at different lengths adjusting the ropes. The possibilities are endless. Have fun.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Um, so if you ever need a place to house these lovely creations...there is room in my closet! I'm just sayin'....

btw..love love love everything you do:)