Site Meter

Friday, August 8, 2008

Pure Joy




Pure Joy: (pyoor) (joy)
1. Complete Happiness;
Utter excitement with an intense ecstatic feeling.

The other day while boogie boarding with my friend Jill, I experienced PURE JOY! I realize I am a true amateur when it comes to this newly found sport and to any professional watching me that day wouldn't say the waves were nothing special, but I don't think they would argue that I had a few great runs. You know you "caught the wave" when you feel that churning thrust beneath your body; and if it's a good one it will propel you forward all the way to the beach. My friend and I (a.k.a. "the fun moms") and a friends 12 year old daughter all caught a good one together. We screamed and laughed the whole ride in. It was truly a moment of PURE JOY! (By the way, thanks to the friends who stayed on the beach and watched our kids.)


As I've gotten older and life has become more serious I forget how important it is to laugh. I don't just mean chuckle because we all chuckle from time to time, but to really laugh with full enthusiasm and excitement. It make life so much richer when we have these moments. I think I'm going to try and have more of these PURE JOY moments!

Other PURE JOY moments.....




Kate leaping down the beach and swimming in the water.







Thomas doing his thing on the boogie board.

No comments: