Site Meter

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday's "My Life Story" entry No. 2


What is one of the first television programs you remember?

I was born in 1975 and so most of my what I remember when I was young were shows from the 80's. Probably one of my very first memories of watching TV was Sesame Street. Other shows I remember watching were Richie Rich, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Punky Brewster, She-Ra, The Smurfs and The Littles. But I will have to say one of my most favorite shows when I was young was Little House on The Prairie. It came on every Tuesday Night and later when the re-runs began it was on every night at 5:30 on channel 11. I used to imagine what it might have been like for Laura Ingalls growing up with no heat in the house. I remember during winter months when the sheets were cold when you first jumped into bed and it took a while for the bed to warm up. During this time I would pretend I was Laura Ingalls struggling to stay warm in my small bed in the family's covered wagon. I have some funny memories.


As I got a little older, probably 8 or 9 I remember loving the show Solid Gold. My favorite part about the show was the Solid Gold Dancers and for a short time I wanted to be one. I found this retro clip from YouTube. If you ever watched the show, this clip is quite a trip.


Darcel was my favorite. Need I say More.


No comments: